Lemon is a fruit that contains a whole host of useful minerals and vitamins. This fruit is a bright representative of the citrus family and contains natural organic acids and dietary fiber, which supply the body with energy. The lemon is very popular because of these properties.
Water with lemon is a popular method to combine pleasure with health, it is often prescribed as a preventive therapy and people use it in everyday life. But in fact, does such a drink carries only benefits or there are “pitfalls”? Let’s understand in detail in the article.
The benefits of lemon water
Lemon water is actually rich in a huge number of beneficial substances, namely:
- Vitamins of the group – A, E, D, P, B;
- Substances – iron, calcium, zinc, copper, phosphorus, potassium, pectin, sodium, flavonoids, glycosides and phytoncides.
Such a treasure trove, entering the human body, has a beneficial effect on all organs and systems:
- Improves the digestive system, helps to eliminate toxins and impurities from the body;
- Water with lemon improves the quality of the skin, helps to produce natural collagen, which is an integral part of connective tissues;
- Strengthens the immune system and has antiviral and antipyretic effects;
- Helps reduce weight, often consumed when dieting, all because of the stimulation of the metabolism;
- Removes anxiety, calms and makes the nervous system stronger;
- Strengthens all bones;
- Lowers blood pressure;
- Helps to improve vision and helps fight dangerous eye diseases.
Lemon water is a great way to refresh and improve health in hot weather. This drink is easy to make at home and can be enjoyed at any time of day. In this article, we’ll go over a few simple steps to help you make fresh and delicious lemon water.
Classic Lemon Water
This method is the easiest and fastest way to prepare lemon water.
To make classic lemon water you will need:
- 1 lemon
- 1 liter of water
- 1-2 spoonfuls of sugar (optional)
Preparing the lemon
Before you start making lemon water, you should wash the lemon well under running water. Then cut the lemon into halves and squeeze out the juice. If you want your lemon water to be less acidic, you can use only half a lemon. Remove the pips if there are any.
Add freshly squeezed lemon juice to a glass or pitcher, then add water and stir. If you want the drink to be sweet, add a little sugar or other sweetener to taste.
Adding ice and toppings
To make lemon water refreshing, you can add ice cubes to your glass or pitcher. You can also add fresh herbs, such as mint leaves, to flavor your drink. Serve the lemon water with a slice of lemon or other fruit to garnish the drink.
Enjoy your drink!
Lemon water is ready to drink! Enjoy a fresh, cool drink any time of day. This drink is rich in vitamin C and other nutrients that will help boost your health and immunity.
Lemon water with berries
- 1 lemon
- 1 liter
- 1/2 cup fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or other berries of your choice)
- 1-2 spoonfuls of sugar (optional)
- Cut the lemon into slices and squeeze the juice out of it. Remove any pips, if there are any.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar and water to a large jug or water jug. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the berries and stir again.
- Add the ice
- Allow the drink to infuse in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight to allow the flavors of ginger and honey to permeate the water.
Done! Your lemon water with berries is ready to drink.
Tips for making lemon water
To make your drink tasty, cooling and healthy, you should follow some simple tips for making lemon water:
- Use fresh lemons to make lemon water. Fresh lemon juice has a brighter flavor and higher vitamin C content.
- If you want to make sweeter lemon water, you can add more sugar or use syrups instead of sugar.
- To make lemon water refreshing, add more ice and chill the drink before drinking.
- If you want to give lemon water a more intense flavor, add more lemon juice or lemon slices.
- Use filtered water to make lemon water. It has a cleaner taste and lack of impurities, which will give you a better tasting drink.</li
Preparation of lemon water does not require much time and effort, and the result will delight you with a fresh, fragrant and delicious drink. If you don’t like the strong sour taste of lemon water, you can try adding other ingredients to it, such as ginger or honey, to give your drink a new flavor.
Important to note
Lemon water can be good for your health, but it does not replace the need to drink enough water every day. It is recommended to consume 8 to 10 glasses of water a day to maintain proper water balance in the body.
Try this drink today and enjoy the taste and benefits to your health!